Acceptable Use Policy for STEM EdTech Lab Platform
1. The main objective of STEM EdTech Lab is to support the staff to enhance their research and promote cross-campus collaboration. Users are requested to acknowledge the use of this platform in their research publications.
2. The platform of the CPCE Research Facility in STEM EdTech Lab (SETLab) is accessed by users who have registered and accepted the given policies. Users are responsible for taking care and protecting their own SETLab account from unauthorized access. Sharing a user account with others or using others’ SETLab account without prior approval is prohibited.
3. The allocation and assignment of computing resources to users can be different according to their requirements and budget. Any unauthorized or malicious use with accounts and jobs will be suspended/ terminated.
4. The login node is provided for users to access the platform by creating and managing the required jobs, editing the source code, compilation and testing. User’s jobs cannot be run on the login node but need to be submitted to the computing nodes using the provided resource management system. All user’s jobs running on the login node will be terminated without notice.
5. The computing nodes are served for users to execute their jobs and should be accessed and used via the resource management system. Direct access to the computing nodes by users is not permitted.
6. The use of the SETLab platform is restricted to research and development purposes only. It must not be used in relation to any illegal or unauthorized activities.
7. Users shall not purposely engage in activities of breaching system security or administrative measures. Users are requested to report incidents of possible misuse, violation of the given policies, and system security problems.
8. Users are responsible for using the platform in efficient, effective, ethical and lawful manner. Users shall not download, install or execute any programs or utilities that will introduce unnecessary or high loading to this platform or cause any security threats to the platform.
9. Users shall take the responsibilities and related license for the installation of software on this platform. No software will be installed on this platform without prior proof of license eligibility.
10. Users shall not attempt to access any data or programs contained in the platform for which they do not have authorization or written consent of the owner of the data or program.
11. Users shall not make any copies of the application and system configuration files (e.g. /etc/password, /bdl/ and /etc) for unauthorized use or share with other unauthorized people.
12. The scheduled maintenance will be announced to users in advance, however, the platform may require shutting down without prior notice in case of an emergency or unavoidable maintenance.